Are you very mechanically inclined, a hard worker, a people pleaser and prefer to work independently? Awesome! Please keep reading!
All Tech-One technicians have a few things in common:
- We feel doing an amazing job and making customers happy are at the center of everything, and
- We are unconventional, entrepreneurial and great problem solvers.
We provide the tools, training and support you need to succeed. We reward you with a very competitive salary, travel reimbursement / allowance, generous benefits, financial incentives / rewards, and a whole lot of independence.
Most of our techs cover a region that encompasses approximately a 300-mile radius from where they live. Their main point of contact are lab and histology managers at labs, doctor offices, universities, and other places with labs. When something breaks, we fix it. That simple. We / you keep these labs running effectively, with minimal downtime. Because of our work, medical professionals and their patients know what their samples say about their health. It’s important work. And, we’re lucky to do it.
If this sounds like you and the type of challenge in which you’d thrive, consider reaching out to us. We’re regularly opening new regions and would love to hear from you.
Territories for which we’re currently recruiting new techs include:
- Southern Wisconsin
- St. Louis metro area
Field Service Technician
Tech One Biomedical, LLC is a nationally recognized repair company serving labs in doctors’ offices, hospitals, and medical and research centers in 25+ states. We are currently looking to add a few motivated, talented techs to our ever-expanding business.
If you have a can-do, self-starter attitude, work best independently, and find fixing things to be easy and fun, please keep reading. You might be the right person for this job.
• Provide customer support, focused on preventative and corrective maintenance of laboratory equipment.
• Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve technical issues on a variety of lab instruments, and perform preventative maintenance.
• Receive customer service requests from Dispatch. Promptly acknowledge receipt of dispatch, and contact the customer to schedule services required. Ensure that the repair schedule meets the customer’s needs. Seek assistance from peers when unable to meet the customer’s expectations. Communicate schedule of services to Dispatch.
• Help to build and maintain a territory.
• Drive to and between accounts.
• Represent Tech One in a positive, professional manner and promote sales of service and service contracts.
• Report daily activities to Dispatch and Accounting for accurate record keeping, including closing service calls daily upon completion.
• Maintain personal Field Service inventory of replacement parts. Return defective material in a timely manner, and order replacement parts as needed.
• Maintain company assets (car, tools, inventory, laptop, etc.) in good working condition.
• Associate’s degree, Military electronic training or 4-5 years equivalent experience in a related field, or equivalent combinations of education and experience.
• 3-5 years field service experience is preferred.
• Proficient in the use of test equipment and tools.
• Able to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people.
• Excellent customer service skills and an ability to sell value-based service solutions.
• Proven ability to diagnose and resolve problems on sophisticated electronic, mechanical and/or optical instrumentation in a commercial scientific laboratory environment or in-line production environments.
• Ability to read, interpret and analyze component layout drawings, schematics, assembly drawings, wiring and labeling diagrams.
• Effective communication skills.
• Basic instructional abilities (customer training).
• Ability to work independently, and as part of a group, to accomplish individual and team objectives.
• Independently resolve routine customer satisfaction problems.
• Physical requirements include the ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
• Valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
We offer a terrific compensation and benefit package, including:
• Health insurance / 401k
• Company car
• Computer purchase program
• Paid training
In addition to your resume, YOU MUST include an introductory cover letter that describes why you’d make a great field service engineer.
• Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
• Please do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers.
Tech One Biomedical, LLC is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Job Type: Full-time
If you’re interested in applying for a service technician job with us, please email your cover letter and resume to Jim at firstname.lastname@example.org.