III. Information We Collect
1. Personally Identifiable Information: We may collect information (whether online, by phone, or by paper) that identifies you (“Personally Identifiable Information”) when you: provide such information on our Sites or otherwise interact with Tech One, including, but not limited to, purchasing Tech One products or services. The types of Personally Identifiable Information collected may include your name, address, phone number, birth date, billing and delivery information, email address, credit card, or other financial account information.
2. Non-Personal Data: As you interact with our Sites, we may also collect information about your browsing history or certain other information that is not Personally Identifiable Information through your use of and visits to the Sites and our use of a variety of technologies, including, but not limited to, cookies, tags, beacons, Internet Protocol (IP) address , and other tools. “Cookies” are pieces of code/text placed on your computer when you browse our Sites. Cookies may be placed by us or third party advertisers. “Tags” and web beacons refer to code scripts that are primarily used to track visitors’ activities on our Sites by web analytics software. The types of non-personal data collected on our Sites through the use of these, and other tools as Tech One may add from time to time, may include: the search terms you used, new or returning user, browser information, computer type, operating system, internet service providers, website usage, referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, number of clicks, ads viewed, etc. Additionally, cookies, tags and other tools placed by third parties may collect other information about you and your visits to Sites and elsewhere on the Internet including, but not limited to, your industry, company size, job function, seniority level, etc.)(collectively, all of the foregoing data the “Non-Personal Data”).
IV. How We Use and Share Personally Identifiable Information
Once collected, we may use your Personally Identifiable Information in a variety of ways including, but not limited to:
- Provide service communications such as bill reminders, order confirmations, and customer service messages
- Respond to your emails or online requests for products, services, or information
- Deliver and process surveys
- Personalize and improve the usability of the Sites
- Fulfill and/or deliver Tech One products and services
- Sharing with certain other companies to offer you products and services that may be of interest to you as described below
- Tailor content, advertising and marketing to you
- Share with third parties as required by law or to protect Tech One as described below
- Share your email address as permitted under Tech One Email Policy as described below
Sharing Your Personally Identifiable Information to Fulfill Service Requests and Perform Business Functions. When fulfilling service requests initiated by you, we may share your Personally Identifiable Information with certain third parties to fulfill the requests. We may also share such information with service providers that perform business functions for us. For example, Tech One occasionally hires other companies to provide limited services on our behalf including, but not limited to, printing, packaging, and sending postal mail. In such cases, Tech One may share your Personally Identifiable Information.
Sharing Your Personally Identifiable Information with Certain Other Companies. Tech One may share Personally Identifiable Information, except for email addresses, with certain other companies in order to provide them an opportunity to offer products or services that may be of interest to you.
Sharing Your Personally Identifiable Information When Legally Necessary or to Protect Tech One’s Interests. Tech One may disclose your Personally Identifiable Information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process served on Tech One; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Tech One; or (c) protect the personal safety of Tech One personnel or members of the public in appropriate circumstances. In addition, if Tech One and/or its assets (or a portion of its assets) are sold, assigned, transferred, or merged, or if Tech One undergoes some other change including a change to its corporate form as part of a bankruptcy proceeding or otherwise, information may be transferred as part of that transaction or change.
Sharing Your Email Address Pursuant to Tech One Policy. Your e-mail address will only be used by Tech One. We do not sell or rent e-mail addresses to anyone outside Tech One. Tech One will also not share e-mail addresses to unrelated third-parties. Tech One may also share your email address with third parties to enable Tech One to take security measures to help protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of data. Finally, Tech One may share email addresses with third parties as necessary for Tech One to perform certain services on our behalf, such as packaging, mailing and delivering products, and responding to your service requests.
V. How to Manage the Sharing of Your Personally Identifiable Information
You can manage your profile and e-mail preferences, including opting out of e-mail either online or by contacting us. Additionally, if you prefer to receive mailings only from Tech One and have your name and address removed from the list we provide to certain companies, please contact us. For California residents, please consult the “Your California Privacy Rights” for additional considerations.
VI. How We May Use and Share Non-Personal Data
Through the use of various technological tools, we may collect Non-Personal Data to improve the usability of our Sites/Services and for other business reasons. We may share the Non-Personal Data we collect with third parties or permit third parties to place tools like cookies, tags and web beacons, to collect additional Non-Personal Data when you browse our Sites. We or other third party companies may then use the Non-Personal Data to provide advertisements and targeted advertisements to you (ads based on the Non-Personal Data). We do not share Personally Identifiable Information with third parties with whom we share your Non-Personal Data. Please note that you may be subject to the privacy policies of other non-Tech One companies when you select an advertising link or other link that takes you to sites not operated by Tech One.
How You Can Manage the Collection of Non-Personal Data. Third party advertising companies may collect data about your visit to our Sites and others to provide you more relevant advertising here and elsewhere on the Internet. This type of advertising is known as Online Behavioral Advertising. You can stop this collection and use of data for these purposes by companies participating in the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) by visiting the “Opt Out From Online Behavioral Advertising” website. By opting out, the ads you see may be less relevant, and you may still continue to see other non-targeted advertisements on our Sites and elsewhere.
VII. California Privacy Rights
We do not knowingly collect personal data online from or market online to children under the age of 13.
IX. Information Security
X. User ID and Password
Certain areas of the Sites may require the use of a user ID, email address, or password as an additional security measure that helps protect your information. To help you protect your privacy, Tech One Sites have tools to help you log in and log out.
XI. Linking to Other Internet Sites
XII. How You Can Access and Change Information
If you are a registered user of the Sites or purchaser of Tech One products and services, you may review and update/correct your information directly on Tech One’s website—www.techonebiomedical.com—or by contacting us.
Last updated September 1, 2016.